So, for this weekend since brandon had time off, we decided that it would be fun to go down to utah for the weekend and see little Courtney Bennett. :) She is so stinking ADORABLE! We got down to utah at about 9 that night and I was so tired. We got to talk to Clint and Danae, and they let us in to see Courtney even though we weren't on the list, AND I had forgotten my drivers license. (Good thing Brandon got to do the driving). So After we all left the hospital, we went to Clint and Danae's and had some hot chocolate. It was sooo good, especially with the colder weather at night. At around 12:30 we finally decided we should get some sleep. We were staying at our friends' house, Clayton and Kortney Wadsworth. When we got there they were still awake, thank goodness. We talked for a while and finally went to bed.
Saturday - Clayton was the first up and the rest of us didn't get up until way later. Clayton had to go to work :( I know, he has for it off, but no can do...But we all had waffles for breakfast and they were so delicious. Then, the rest us slowly started getting ready for the day. We also watched "She's the Man". It had been a while since I had seen the movie. Brandon left to go have lunch with his friend Mike, while Kort and I finished getting ready. We were just getting ready to go out the door when Mike and Brandon came back. After that, Kort, Brandon and I went to the Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory to get some Caramel covered apples. Those apples are the most amazing thing ever!!! I got Apple pie flavor, Brandon got the one covered in oreos and a gummy worm, and Kort got one covered in Reeses. They were all so amazingly flavorful! After that we came back to put the apples in the fridge and we walked to campus. We were going to the Basketball game, BYU vs Utah (Utes). It was my first real basketball game and Brandon was really excited that we were going to watch a game. Especially since I don't watch games with him at home. I've just never really found them that enticing. The game started at 4 but we were there at about 2:30 to get some seats, and even then were were still sitting in the back! The game was so much fun! I would love to do it again. BYU won 72 to 59. It was a crazy game! For 3/4 of the game, it was super close. and with about 9 min left of the clock, BYU went crazy making goals. It was funny to see the coach for the other team, he was getting so rilled up at all these things. And the coaches on the BYU team were just sitting there watching the game, they weren't getting upset or anything. I really think I learned quite a bit about basketball this weekend. I think part of the reason I've never found it interesting is because I'm not invested in it, and I don't know about anybody on the teams. Well after the basketball game, we came back to the apartment and relaxed, we talked with Kortney and her cousin Taylor and his wife Amber (one of Kort's best friends). We had so much fun. Kort, Brandon and I also decided that it would be fun to go to Sportz Comedy later tonight. So, Kortney made dinner, which was DELICIOUS! and we just sat and talked for the longest time. Clayton came home and we talked some more. It finally came time go leave for the sports comedy. I was really excited. The Sports Comedy was so much fun! They do their comedy based on things that the crowd picks out and there were so many random things!
There were two teams, the red team and the blue team:
1. The first thing for them to do was to pick someone out of the crowd that is their emotional twin for valentines day. The captian of the blue team picked Brandon. Brandon was so nervous. When the guy was asked why he picked brandon, he said he must have misunderstood the plan and picked someone that was his twin, physically. They did look fairly similar. The captain of the red team picked a boy that was all dressed up. She said that she picked hers because like him, She's always dressed to the nines.
2. Next was something where the team would stand in a line, and someone from the crowd would yell out a cliche, and they would each change something about the cliche just a little bit. It was so funny.
3. Next, the Red team did something called Replay. The acted out a scene and the would replay the scene with a twist. Like different voices, or stutters or all their words started with a certain consonant or all their vowels sounded like eeeee or ooooo. it was Hilarious!
4. Next, they did "Hey Baby..." It was pick up lines! The crowd got to pick the topic and then they would have to come up with a pickup like that started with Hey baby.
5. Next, they did a High School Musical, where they would sing about issues. They picked issue for this one was all about eating loudly (chomping). Some of the things were so random!
6. Next, the red team did an Advice Panel. We would ask them a question and the would all give us advice on what to do with the subject. There were three characters, an old latin lady (Who had worked really hard to have all her grand kids and great grandkids), a third grade girl, and a psychologist who was also a viking. Some of the questions asked were: How do I tell my wife she snores too loud, How do I get him to fall in love with me?, or how do I tell me boss he's not always right?
7. Next the blue team did an activity called New Choice. This is where they would be acting out some scene and if the ref didn't like what they were saying, he would blow his whistle and say "New Choice" and they would have to change the last thing they said, to something else. It was so funny.
8. This was the last activity that they did. It was called "Worlds Worst" - Someone from the crowd would name off some kind of career, actor/actress, or something they would never want to do and the comedians would use that topic. Our topic was Golf. So, there would be one comedian in front talking about golf and she started with the history of it, then someone would object, give their reason why and if the ref liked where it was going he would sustain it. If not, he would object and the person in front would keep going. It was so funny because it started with golf and went to so many different subjects.
I would definitely go to Comedy sports again. Thank you Kortney and Clayton for that wonderful experience!! After that was over, we went to Sammy's and got some shakes. Their shakes have a REAL piece of pie or cheesecake in their shake! They were so good. I let Brandon have most of it because it was too sweet for me. But Man, it was soo good! After that we came home and watched the Bourne Identity. I fell asleep within the first 15 minutes. I was so tired.....
I will add the pictures when I get home from work :D
No comments:
Post a Comment